What was the murder story of Gabriel Kuhn and Daniel Patry?
There was a tragic murder case in 2007, Daniel Patry and Gabriel Kuhn. The murderer and the murdered boy were both teenagers. It is reported that Gabriel Kuhn, the victim, was 12 and the perpetrator 16 years old. It still has pretty gruesome case details.
It was for two reasons that they got together as gamers. They shared the same game as neighbors and as players of Tibia, an online multiplayer role-playing game.
A medieval-themed MMORPG released in 1997, Tibia Online is an online game. There are many MMORPGs, but this is one of the oldest. By completing quests and combating monsters, players take on the role of adventurers in medieval Europe.
With over a million registered users, the game has been translated into over 20 languages. One of the first 3D games ever released, it’s popular in Europe. There is a small download, and it installs quickly, so many players can play it.
Each boy had a different personality. Although Daniel Patry was more social and outgoing than Gabriel, their interests were similar, so they became close friends. However, medical studies showed Daniel Patry was mentally unstable and became angry quickly over minor incidents, but he had no psychiatric history.
Daniel Patry played the same game as Gabriel Kuhn. The game gave him a lot of digital coins. Additionally, Patry loaned digital currencies to neighbors. His friend Gabriel Kuhn did not pay Patry for the 10,000 digital coins he loaned him a few days ago.
How did the murder happen?
In 2007, Daniel Patry killed Gabriel Kuhn. Despite being over a decade ago, the case is still pretty fresh in everyone’s mind, especially since both the victim and the killer were teenagers.
Gabe Kuhn and Daniel Patry were good acquaintances who played Tibia together because Patry had collected digital coins he would lend to his buddies. Patry offered to share 20,000 digital dollars with Kuhn one day. Kuhn refused to return Patry’s money, leaving him furious and determined to kill him.
Kuhn was brutally bit by a tool’s sharp edge. After investigating further, the police discovered that the killer was none other than Daniel Patry, a 16-year-old nemesis of the 16-year-old victim.
Patry’s main motive for murdering Gabriel Kuhn was money owed to him by Kuhn. There are also other theories. Patry’s mental instability may have caused Kuhn’s death. According to others, Patry may have planned to kill Kuhn to obtain the digital coins.
- Daniel stopped playing the game and other forms of contact after considering everything. Having a powerful mental disposition, Daniel stayed at home most of the time.
- His gruesome display of violence continued at Gabriel’s house with more beatings, torture, and robberies. Internet users are terrorized by the images captured from the crime scene. Various social media sites have posted these photos.
- Daniel is confined and free to act as he pleases, which is depressing for everyone. There is no indication that Daniel regrets the crimes he committed against Gabriel’s family.
- The viral photos show Gabriel’s house with bloodied interiors. The images are shocking in light of the outrage online users have expressed regarding the circumstances.
- Originally, Daniel had demanded that Gabriel unlock the doors for him, and he vowed not to beat Gabriel. When Gabriel opened the door to him, he pounded the younger man, laughing at Gabriel’s incompetence.
- To ensure Daniel’s safety, Gabriel had agreed to tell his parents all of his secrets to Daniel. Due to the body’s size, Daniel could not dispose of it when he thought Gabriel was dead.
- Using the hacksaw and kitchen knife, he started dismembering the corpse. Awake at that exact moment, Gabriel felt the complete intensity of the suffering the hands and legs inflicted upon him. Gabriel did not die.
- Despite being sixteen years old and suffering from mental maladjustment, the young man laughed and killed the man.
Patry’s parent’s reaction
Patry was born into a family his parents were loving and gentle people who never had disagreements with anyone in the community. In addition, Patry’s parents reported that he became irritable when conversing with friends, while his school performance drastically decreased. There was little interaction between Patry and his family and neighbors.
His condition worsened daily, so he went to a psychiatrist. It is still unclear what type of mental illness Patry had, but the doctors prescribed him some pills to cope with it. Although his parents tried to help him, they could not change his behavior, even though they tried.
Murder Case Resurfaces
A photo was circulated on Twitter showing Gabriel Kuhn and a 16-year-old boy killing each other. A heated argument occurred between Daniel Patry and Gabriel Kuhn in 2007. In the wake of the incident, a post-mortem report was released. However, it will provide additional details rather than a complete decision.
Daniel Patry and Gabriel Kuhn’s murder investigation was the talk of the town in 2007. However, a new autopsy report has revived the case. Kuhn died from injuries, the autopsy found. There has been a rise in interest in this case because of this absurd incident. Resurfacing signifies that new information is discovered and investigated.
A tragic incident in Brazil in 2007 resulted in Daniel Patry being accused of murdering Gabriel Kuhn and Daniel Perry. It was deemed a minor because he was only 16 years old. A three-year prison sentence was imposed on him. His release allowed him to continue. In the future, Daniel Patry will become a cult figure who murdered his friend for Tibia coins, despite being free and having a family.
Daniel Patry’s murder became famous again, and Internet users, especially gamers, frequently discussed it. Patry earned 20,000 digital coins in the game, which Kuhn refused to repay.
These coins are currently worth $1.75, which has cost Kuhn’s family their lives. Patry was convicted of murder and sentenced to three years in prison. His release from prison came when he turned 18. It is unclear whether the murder was preplanned or spontaneous. Parents should be aware and mindful of what their children do online. This case highlights the threats of online gaming.
The murder of two teenage friends has become widely known and is still discussed on the Internet today. To prevent something similar, parents should monitor their children’s online activity.
Amanda Love is a marriage consultant and a relation advisor. She is a lawyer by profession that mainly deals in the issues related to marriage, divorce and physical abuse.